ESC Local 20 provides a Hiring Hall for temporary positions at PG&E in ESC Local 20 represented classifications and gives many qualified applicants a foot in the door to a great career at PG&E. ESC Local 20 and PG&E created the Hiring Hall to extend the high union standards already established in these positions to a new group of employees and to protect against the erosion of quality, full-time positions by the overuse of contractors.
How Can I Get on the Hiring Hall’s List for a Temporary Position?
- Fill out and return an application to ESC Local 20 via email or by US mail to 810 Clay St., Oakland, CA 94607
- Pass the required PG&E tests for that position (typically offered quarterly)
- Promptly reply to any offered positions
- Once the assignment has ended, contact the Hiring Hall to inform them you are available for work again
Will I Receive Healthcare Coverage?
National healthcare law mandates that PG&E must offer medical insurance to temporary employees who do not have coverage. If medical insurance is accepted, temporary employees’ pay-in-lieu-of-benefits is reduced and temporary employees’ must contribute their Healthcare Premium. PG&E is currently offering Anthem Blue Cross. More information…
What if I am a PG&E Retiree Receiving Retiree Healthcare Benefits?
Retirees going back to work in temporary position at PG&E through have two options:
- If the job is offered through the Hiring Hall, retirees must disenroll from retiree healthcare benefits, and either:
• Accept the PG&E healthcare plan and receive $4.85/hour pay-in-lieu-of-benefits.
• Refuse the PG&E healthcare plan if covered by some other non-PG&E healthcare and receive an additional $8.22/hour pay-in-lieu-of-benefits
2. If the job is offered through the Canus Corporation, a decision made at PG&E’s discretion, retirees may maintain their PG&E retiree healthcare benefits and the extra $8.22/hour pay-in-lieu-of-benefits. Retirees placed in temporary positions in this manner will still be active members of the Union and required to pay Union dues.
Questions? Please contact Daniel O’Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-238-8320 option 2