NOMINATION NOTICE FOR THE PG&E UNIT BOARD 2022
Nominations are now open for the following PG&E Unit Board Officers:
VICE PRESIDENT – DIVISIONS
VICE PRESIDENT – GENERAL CONSTRUCTION
VICE PRESIDENT – GENERAL OFFICE
VICE PRESIDENT – NUCLEAR GENERATION
In accordance with Article IX of the PG&E Unit Constitution, nominations must be made and submitted by letter signed by not less than ten (10) members of the Unit in good standing from the appropriate area. Such nominations shall be filed with the Secretary of the PG&E Unit Board and must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, April 15, 2022.
Successful candidates will serve for a term of two (2) years commencing in June 2022. The elected officers shall be installed and shall assume their respective offices at the conclusion of the first regularly scheduled PG&E Unit Board meeting following the election.
Details of the duties and responsibilities of the officers are in the Constitution of the Pacific Gas and Electric Company Unit available above for download.
Because of COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene guidelines, it is not desirable to encourage the person-to-person collection of signatures or the sharing of material that could increase the risk of contagion transfer from one member to another. To avoid this risk, the procedure for the submission of nomination forms is being changed to allow for the electronic collection and submission of signatures on nomination forms. Therefore the following procedure will be followed:
- Candidates will download and fill out the nomination form.
- Candidates will scan or e-mail the form to unit area members, in good standing, of their choice.
- Candidates may seek to have their chosen unit area members add their signatures by printing out the form, signing it, then scanning or sending a photo of the signed form back to the candidate via e-mail. OR, alternatively, a member may register their “signature” on the form by responding to the candidate’s email containing the nomination form by using their PG&E e-mail and stating “I, _____, hereby sign the nomination form sent to me by __________.”
- When the candidate has at least ten (10) valid signatures of unit area members in good standing, the candidate may file those forms by e-mail with the Union office at email@example.com.
- The Union office will verify the membership status of the nomination signatures submitted by each candidate. If the minimum number of signatures (10) is submitted by the deadline, April 15, 2022, by 5:00 pm, the nomination will be valid.
If an election is called for, candidates will be notified on Monday, April 18, 2022. Candidates will have until noon on Friday, April 22, to submit a print-ready biography for inclusion in the ballot mailing. Ballots shall be sent to all members of the PG&E Unit in good standing no later than May 1, 2022. To be valid, ballots must be received on or before 6:00 p.m. on May 24, 2022, and will be opened following the close of the balloting period on May 30, 2022.