In accordance with the Medical Professional Unit constitution of ESC Local 20, the following positions on the Medical Professional Unit Board are open for election:
- District Directors 1, 3, and 5:
- District 1 (Fresno, Placer, Sacramento, San Joaquin, Stanislaus & Yolo)
- District 3 (Marin and Sonoma)
- District 5* (Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Solano, Placer, Sacramento, Yolo)
The offices of the President and Secretary may be nominated by any member in good standing of the Unit. District Directors shall be nominated by members in good standing in the District in which they and the nominee are employed and the election shall be by the membership at large.
* Candidates for District 5 may not be employed by the same employer as other incumbent Board Directors representing the same counties. Further, representatives of District 5 must be employed in clearly distinct job classifications.
Nominations may be submitted by nomination form, signed by no less than ten (10) members of the Unit in good standing (members of the Unit and District for the District Representatives), and must be received at the union office on or before 5:00 pm March 15, 2023.
Due to COVID-19 social distancing and hygiene guidelines, it is not advisable to encourage the person-to-person collection of signatures or the sharing of material that could increase the risk of contagion transfer from one member to another. To avoid this risk, the nomination procedure has been changed to allow for the electronic collection and submission of signatures on nomination forms. Therefore, we will follow the procedure outlined below:
1. Candidates will download and fill out the nomination form. Nomination forms are available here.
2. Candidates will scan and e-mail the form to the unit area members in good standing of their choice.
3. Candidates can have their chosen unit area members in good standing add their signatures by printing out the form, signing it, then scanning or sending a photo of the signed form back to the candidate via e-mail
– OR –
A member may register their “signature” on the form by responding to the candidate’s email containing the nomination form stating,
“I, _____, hereby sign the nomination form sent to me by __________” in the email message.
4. When practical, it is preferable for members to use their employer-issued email address for ease of verification. A personal email address is permitted when that personal email address is on file with the union.
When the candidate has obtained at least ten (10) valid signatures of unit area members in good standing, the candidate may file those nomination forms with the Union office by mail, hand-delivered, or email email@example.com with the subject line “MPU Nomination Form for (name of office).”
The Union office will verify the membership status of the nomination signatures submitted by each candidate. If the minimum number of ten (10) signatures submitted by the deadline, 5:00 pm, Wednesday, March 15, 2023, are valid, the nomination will be accepted.
If an election is called for, candidates will be notified on March 16, 2023. Candidates will have until noon on Monday, March 27, 2023, to submit their candidate bios for inclusion in the ballots. Ballots will be sent to all members in good standing of the Unit no later than March 31, 2023.
Completed ballots must be received at the union office, by US mail, on or before 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, April 30, 2023.