NOTICE OF ELECTION OF DISTRICT 3 OFFICER FOR THE OPTOMETRY UNIT BOARD 2021
Due to a vacancy on the Optometry Unit Board, nominations are now open for the following position:
- District Representative 3 (Walnut Creek/Park Shadelands; Martinez; Antioch (Deer Valley, Delta Fair); Pleasanton; Livermore; Vallejo; Napa; Fairfield; Vacaville)
In accordance with Article VII of the Optometry Unit Constitution, the District 3 Representative shall be a member in good standing working in District 3 and nominated by no less than ten (10) members in good standing in any district. Nominations must be submitted by nomination form and received by the union office on or before Monday, February 22nd, 2021.
To avoid the risk of COVID transmission during person-to-person collection of signatures, the nomination procedure has been changed to allow for the electronic collection and submission of signatures on nomination forms. Please follow the procedure outlined below to submit nominations for the vacant position:
- Candidates will download and fill out the nomination form. Nomination forms are available using the link below or can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates will scan and e-mail the form to the unit area members in good standing of their choice.
- Candidates can have Optometry unit members in good standing add their signatures by printing out the form, signing it, then scanning or sending a photo of the signed form back to the candidate via e-mail – OR – a member may register their “signature” on the form by responding to the candidate’s email containing the nomination form stating, “I, _____, hereby sign the nomination form sent to me by __________” in the email message. When practical, it is preferable for members to use their employer-issued email address for ease of verification. A personal email address is permitted when that personal email address is on file with the union.
- When the candidate has obtained at least ten (10) valid signatures of unit area members in good standing, the candidate may file those nomination forms via e-mail with the Union office at email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination Form for Optometry Unit Board D3 Vacancy.”
The Union office will verify the membership status of the nomination signatures submitted by each candidate. If the minimum number of ten (10) signatures is submitted by the deadline, Monday, February 22nd, 2021, the nomination will be valid.
If an election is called for, ballots shall be sent to all members of the Optometry Unit in good standing no later than Monday, March 8th, 2021. To be valid, ballots must be received on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 22nd, 2021. Details of the duties and responsibilities of the officers are in the Constitution of the Optometry Unit.
Details of the duties and responsibilities of the officers are in the Constitution of the Optometry Unit.