Print a flyer for your workplace/Post and Distribute
Nominations are open for the following offices in the Union:
VICE PRESIDENT, Optometry Unit
VICE PRESIDENT, Medical Professional Unit
Nominations may now be submitted by a letter signed by no less than ten (10) members in good standing of the Union and must be received by the Union office no later than 5pm on Sunday, October 15, 2023.
The Nomination Process
- Candidates will download and fill out the nomination form. Nomination forms are available here or can be requested by emailing email@example.com.
- Candidates will scan and e-mail the form to the unit area members in good standing of their choice.
- Candidates can have their chosen unit area members in good standing add their signatures by printing out the form, signing it, then scanning or sending a photo of the signed form back to the candidate via e-mail – OR – a member may register their “signature” on the form by responding to the candidate’s email containing the nomination form stating,
“I, _____, hereby sign the nomination form sent to me by __________”
in the email message. When practical, it is preferable for members to use their employer-issued email address for ease of verification. A personal email address is permitted when that personal email address is on file with the union.
- When the candidate has obtained at least ten (10) valid signatures of unit area members in good standing, the candidate may file those nomination forms via e-mail with the Union office at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nomination Form for (name of office).”
- The Union office will verify the membership status of the nomination signatures submitted by each candidate. If the minimum number of signatures (10) is submitted by the deadline, Sunday, October 15, 2023, by 5:00 pm, the nomination will be valid.
A nominee for a Unit Vice President position must be a member in good standing of that unit and the members nominating the Unit Vice President must be members in good standing of said unit. All ESC Local 20 members in good standing may vote on the candidates for all offices.
If an election is called for, ballots will be mailed no later than Tuesday, October 31, 2023. Ballots must be received on or before 5:00 pm on Wednesday, November 29, 2023. The ballots shall be opened and counted by an Election Committee following the close of balloting under the supervision of a neutral arbitrator.