February 17, 2022
Dear ESC-Represented Walk-in Clinic APCs,
Next week, you will be receiving a ballot to vote on decertification of our union. As we have shared with you over the past month, our bargaining team has fought hard to gain significant, meaningful improvements to our working conditions and continues to advocate for all WIC APCs at the bargaining table. We won an NLRB settlement to require Sutter to restore our drinking water and to keep bargaining with us over the provision of services to patients under investigation for COVID-19.
These accomplishments could not have been made without your support and solidarity. And, along with our new chief negotiator, Adolfo Riedel, we can continue to fight for the wages and benefits we deserve if we all vote YES to keep ESC Local 20 as our union.
Here is what to expect in the coming weeks:
- Your ballot will be sent to your home address on Tuesday, February 22nd.
- Your ballot will ask you if you would like to keep ESC Local 20 as your union. We strongly urge you to vote YES to keep ESC Local 20 as our union. It is critical that as many of us vote yes as possible – the outcome of the election will be determined by the majority of votes cast.
- Make sure there are no other markings on your ballot aside from the X you put in the yes or no box. Enclose your ballot in the included blue envelope.
- Place the blue envelope into the yellow addressed envelope and sign the back in the space provided. The envelope must be signed to be counted in the election.
- Mail your completed ballot in the signed addressed envelope to the National Labor Relations Board office in Oakland by mail by March 10th. That means you must complete and return your ballot days before the 10th in order for it to be counted.
- The ballot count will take place on March 11th.
If you have not received a ballot in the mail by Tuesday, March 1, 2022, you should communicate immediately with the National Labor Relations Board by either calling the Region 32 Office at (510) 637-3300 or Field Examiner, Nicholas L. Tsiliacos at (510) 671-3046.
Also, a quick reminder to join us tonight at 7:30 pm for a general membership meeting where we will talk more about the decertification election and voting process. You can use the link or call-in information below to join the meeting.